Saturday, October 25, 2008

Chapter 1- A dream...

My eyes opened in a flash and I felt a slight pain in my head - as if somebody had struck at the back. I got up and sat on the matress, looked left and right to gather my current location, post which I took a shot at the mobile to know the time. It was 5:02 AM. Was it a Monday or a Sunday? Err no, it was a Saturday... or was it? Ah it doesn't matter, 5:02 AM is no time to get up.

The pain still remained... I shook my head vigorously as if to scatter the pain away, it didn't work. But what was that pain? Yes I have a sinus problem but this is not sinus generated issue. Hmm... I slowly lay my head back on to my pillow, disturbed.

Did I dream? I think I did... I was running... I was running fast and running hard. There was someone following me. And I fell into a pit unknowingly. Yes, that is what woke me up! That is when I woke up... and my head is aching because I fell into a pit in my dream? This is absurd.

But this is not the first time I am seeing this dream. This is not the second or third time either. I have dreamt this very thing like a 1000 times or more. I never bothered to count but for some odd reason this dream keeps chasing me... or may be I keep chasing this dream, unknowingly! It wasn't a bit pleasant by any means.

I wanted to sleep again but if I did, I could probably miss the chance today of being the first attendant in the college. And what did I gain being one? Nothing actually, but I still felt good being the first one to reach the college. I checked my mobile again, it was 5:13 AM. Hmmm... that's a tricky one. I usually get up by 6:00 AM to start my day. And that means I have approximately another 45 mins to take a nap. Ah skip it, lemme use the time to do... err... nothing!

An idle mind is a devil's workshop - I thought about what would happen if I were to place a bomb in the college and destroy it. Yeah, probably I could have slept more peacefully and didn't have to go to bed thinking of waking up at 6 in the morning. Alright, what if I had become the only guy to perfect all sports in the world? Yeah, I could have easily had all those girls (whom I used to have a crush on) dancing to my tune. What if God had appeared in front of me out of the blue and asked what I wanted? yes, I would have requested him to bless me with the capability of making anything that I think come true. So if I thought I had to be the richest man in the world, I could be. If I wanted to be the best in everything in the world, I could be.

Wow, I was finally thinking big, dreaming big. So is this what the so called succesful big-shots in various streams refer to as 'Think Big'? Anyways, that didn't matter either!

Infact a lot of things that I used to think or dream of never mattered to me or anyone. Because I wanted my unreasonable dreams to come true without putting in efforts.

Ok so what was I ACTUALLY doing in life?
"Doing a PGDBA course alright... then? Nothing? So PGDBA is the be all and end all of it?:
"No..."
"Then?"
"I don't know... I don't know what else to do in life..."
"Ah... way to go! What do you want to be in life?"
"Now can you stop it? It's not even 6 and you can't keep asking such things at this point in time and spoil my day!"
I gave a hard kick and threw that bad part of my brain in a room and locked it to perfection. This is why I always liked my heart over my brain. My heart supports me and directs me to places which I liked. And my brain keeps criticizing me.

I was feeling tired of all these thoughts. Now I really felt sleepy and wanted to be on the bed for a longer time, perhaps the whole day. But thanks to my fate, I had no choice but pick myself up from the matress and kick my own back so that with the pains come my senses and then then prepare to leave for college.

I got up and looked around once again - I had enough space... just enough space to stand and turn 360 degrees. I had a matress and a lappy in my room and then some huge books that college folks provided me with. It seems there were lessons fron other's lives as well as case studies of various successful business organizations from which I could grasp ow they succeeded. There was a plastic chair too. I picked up my tooth brush and proceeded to the so-called bathroom. I placed a cup beneath the thread of water flowing from the tap and managed to fill it 1/4th after waiting for like 10 mins. It was less of water and more of sodium chloride solution. I generally shut my nose hard with the thumb and forefinger of my right hand while tasting the water.

I'm sorry but I couldnt find a better, cheaper place to stay. I was staying in a small square room - large enough to accomodate me - which was located on the roof of the house. And my room had an asbetos roof. Well, what else could I ask for at Rs.800/month in a metro like Chennai?

The sun was already fuming as if trying to burn me off into ashes. I was starting to melt and sweat ran all over my body. But my thoughts were still elsewhere - why and where in the world did I fall in my dream? And what was that dream anyways?

4 comments:

journos_exhale said...

Good one Suji.....

Sujith Krishnan said...

@ Farooq (Journos_exhale)

Thanks buddy :-)

lm said...

very nice

vimmuuu said...

Thats a nice read, but I wonder what made you start the stories from your PG days !!! and regarding the house, yeah, it was more like a dungeon.

I hope you maintain atleast this blog !!!